Friday 24 April 2009

Camp draws to an end

I only have the weekend left of the training camp now and whilst it's gone really well and I have enjoyed my time with the group I'm really looking forward to getting home and seeing Teresa and Thomas. I'm also looking forward to an easy week of training next week too ! the volume of training starting to catch up on me now so I see the light at the end of the tunnel in the form of a rest day on Monday!

I have missed being around the family the past two weeks, it's longest I've been away from home since Thomas was born but I think it was particular hard as the training camp came immediately after spending a week together as a family in Tenerife. I'd like to think my wife is looking forward to me coming home too and that Thomas hasn't forgotten what I look like! Teresa has been performing a juggling act, while working fulltime and having a busy time of it she has been looking after Thomas, attending study days for her banking exams and still getting her own sporting activities in too. I have a lot to thank her for and without her support I wouldn't have managed to achieve what I've done so far this year.

In terms of training this week Tuesday was a soid track session with a good of us working together to complete the session in target times in what was hottest day of the trip so far...





I've spared you the horror of my rib cage! by being tucked in behind Nick McCormark (in the blue cap & yellow vest). In the session we had the girls joining us for a couple of the reps so another good size group for what was long session on the track.










(from L to R... Helen Clitheroe, me (just), Nick, Ryan McCloud, Steve Sharp, Andy Vernon (tucked in behind Steve)

Below is another pic from last Saturday out on the Cross country Course that mentioned in my last post. It was very humid day that day as there was a lot of cloud about. I kept my shirt on for this one though!




Just a weekend of training left to complete before heading home now. Right, off to bed now as earlier start to training tomorrow.
Cheers

Lee

No comments: