Tuesday 22 June 2010

Race report, plus training camp fast approaching.

On Sunday I ran in the Spearpoint Guernsey Half Marathon, winning in time of 64.54, in what was basically a sole run. Ben Moreau & Fraser Thompson finished 2nd & 3rd respectiviely in times of 67.41 & 68.21. Ben would have likely given me a closer race however he had taken the decision to run as a marathon paced workout. I'm pretty happy with how I ran though given that I had no one to push me and that training is currently geared towards the European Marathon Champs which is now only 6 weeks away.


full results of the race can be found here on the guernsey athletics club website homepage... http://www.guernseyathletics.org.gg/


I only actually have 1 week left in Guernsey now before I head out to Font Romeu for 4 1/2 week training camp, It's something I am looking forward to from an athletics perspective however I think I am going to find it hard being away from home for what will actually be 5 weeks in all. I have made sure that we have skype set up on the home computer so I can catch to Teresa & Thomas regular while I am away. This will be my longest time away from home since he was born and he so much more aware of things now so might find it difficult at first.


I plan to post a bit more regularly while I am there so will keep you posted on how training is going out their. So until then, bye for now.

No comments: