Thursday 27 November 2008

Race Weekend

Hi,

Well race weekend approaches... I have the British European Cross Country Trials this weekend, the race distance is 9.8km over what is likely to be a muddy Sefton Park in Liverpool. Last year I was 10th overall finisher, the 8th British athlete over the line but with 6 athletes selected for the British Senior Mens Team for the European XC Champs (which are in Belgium on Sunday 14th December) Im going to need to improve on that placing.

Training has gone well since I competing in the Gateshead XC two weeks ago and I believe Im in better shape than at this time last year. There is plenty of competition for the 6 places but arguably this years race is also more open. I've yet to make a GB team but this year certainly provides me a great chance to achieve that, checkout the blog next week for race details and result...

No comments: