Saturday 29 November 2008

3rd at Euro Cross Country Trials !

I'm just about to head to bed but to be honest I'm not sure how much sleep I'm likely to get tonight! as previously mentioned I was racing today in the McCain UK Cross Challenge in Liverpool which also doubles as the trial race for the Great Britain team that goes to the European Cross Country Champs in 2 weeks time. As you've probably gathered from the title I finished 3rd, which if I'm honest is much better than I expected as the first three are automatically selected for the team! well that's what I've been told by a number of people today but until I get the call officially it still doesn't seem real!

I knew I had a chance today but the race went like a dream - still feels like that infact! Of all the races and athletics events I've competed in this definately goes down as my greatest achievement to date and I'm not embarrassed to say that I was a little emotional afterwards too! I can only remember two occasions when I've felt that choked (at least recently any how) by the occasion, one was when Thomas was born and the other was today. So that's both in the space of a few months! I should probably have said my wedding day in there but I think my wife will let me have that :-) Either way all not very alpha male i'm sure but i'm so made up with today that I don't care.

Will write again soon with further details etc but check the link the results which has a picture (taken in the last 400m).... http://www.ukathletics.net/media/news/november-2008/29-11-08-mccain-liverpool/

all for now.

No comments: